Google

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Breast Cancer Survivor Emma Posed For Cancer Research UK

Emma was only 31 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer and survived the disease twice in 2003 and 2006. She went through double mastectomy, reconstructive surgery and six months of grueling chemotherapy. It wasn't a big surprise for her as the cancer has long been in the family history since she lost both her grandmother and mother to illness. With just a thin layer of paint, she's now posing topless for the Cancer Research UK's All Join Together campaign.

I really admire her courage to do the job after the surgery. That's the way we should live our life; everyday to the fullest!! Good job, girl!!

"Breast cancer has been such a major a part of my life and it is always at the back of my mind," Emma said.

"I still have down days – sometimes it feels like it's just too awful and it's always going to be with me. But I feel better as each anniversary goes past since my diagnosis.

"I've been through so much and I'm now trying to get back to my normal life and have returned to work. My sister Karen and husband Graham have been so supportive as have so many of my friends and family.

"Now I don't plan in advance, instead I just live for the day and seize opportunities. That's why I agreed to do the poster campaign. I'll never be asked to do this again...at least I hope not!"


More story: Daily Mail


The clip shows IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) and a lot of people didn't know what it was. Take a look and tell your mum, your sis, your girl friend or any female that you know about it. You might just saved one of their life.

No comments:

Google